Pages

Friday 1 August 2014

Who am I?

             Who am I ?

  • I am not a fish. I am a mammal.
  • I have lots of fat called blubber.
  • I have long body and a powerful tail.
  • I have long jaw bones.
  • I have an enormous mouth.
  • I live in the oceans.
  • I live in groups called pods.
  • A male is called a Bull.
  • A female is called a Cow.
  • A baby is called a Calf.
  • I migrate  to warm water.
  • My tail fin is called a flute.
  • My ears are inside my head under my skin.
  • My flippers help me to steer.
  • I can hold my breath for up to one hour.
  • When it is dark I use my hearing to find my. way around in the dark water.
  • There are 40 types of me in the oceans.
  • When I jump out of the water it is called breaching which is fom of play.
               
                    I AM A WHALE!!                                                               

  

Screenshot 2014-08-01 at 12.54.38.png

Today in Literacy we were learning about whales. 
Here are 20 interesting facts I have learnt.                                              





No comments:

Post a Comment